HALLOWEEN: Candy Corn Inspired Makeup Tutorial


Halloween is just around the corner, and sadly, I won't be participating in any fun activities this year! So, I've decided since I promised you all a makeup tutorial, I'd make one inspired by candy corn, my absolute favorite Halloween candy! Keep in mind that I will be posting more tutorials when I have the chance, even though they may not be frequent (due to being a new mom soon). But I promise I will try my best! 



This is the MAC 120 palette I used for this look. It is not real MAC obviously, being MAC doesn't sell palettes this large, but the colors are very pigmented and bright, they are absolutely amazing if you use a base with them. You can purchase one of these palettes on eBay for a reasonable price. I circled the colors in red that I used for this tutorial. Be sure to click on the images if you'd like to see them full sized. 


 Here are the steps to take to create this candy corn look:
1. Use a NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in the color Milk as a base, it doesn't need to be perfect.
2. Using your finger, blend out and upward toward your brown bone. 
3. Using a flat shadow brush (MAC 239), apply a matte white shadow to inner corner of eye. 
4. Using the flat shadow brush, apply a matte yellow shadow to middle of the lid. 

5. Using a blending brush (MAC 217), apply matte orange shadow to outer corner and crease. 
6. Using the blending brush, apply the same matte white shadow in step 3 to add a highlight on brow bone. 
7. Using the same blending brush, apply matte black shadow to outer corner to add depth. Then blend everything well to rid of any harsh lines you may have. 
8. Apply liner as you normally would, then curl lashes and apply mascara. False lashes are optional of course! Then you're all done! 


Here is the finished look!







Comments

  1. ohmygod this is so pretty! <3 I'm not celebrating halloween this year as well btw :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should add a follow gadget for your blog to make it easier to follow :)

    Just go to your dashboard, layout, add gadget, and add the followers one :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Toothbrush I’ve Tried

Holiday Gift Guide For Her 2014 (+ Black Friday Deals)

Naked 3 Palette GIVEAWAY!