RECIPE: Flourless Vegan Pumpkin Pecan Bread

Today I had an interesting thought: why not share health tips (and recipes) on my blog as well as beauty tips? Since inner health does affect outer beauty after all! Eating healthy is crucial for so many different reasons (especially if your skin tends to break out). Excess sugar and fats are obviously known for promoting fat storage, but they also promote early signs of aging. 

We all love sweets, though. I feel like I always have a sweet tooth! (Who's with me?) So when I want to indulge in something sugary, I try my best to go for healthy desserts. YES, there is such a thing. ;)

My sister found this recipe for healthy, flourless pumpkin muffins and I wanted to share it with you all as well. And don't worry, if you're vegan, I've altered the recipe for you! This is such an easy and DELICIOUS treat to make, especially this season. Who doesn't love pumpkin everything during Autumn?

I've made this recipe quite a few times and I love it! I personally prefer the vegan version over the original. I also ended up using a loaf pan because I didn't have a muffin pan, if you are going to bake a pumpkin loaf, you will need to bake for about 40-45 minutes, checking on it occasionally by poking the middle with a fork/toothpick, making sure it comes out clean. Photo to the right is the original non-vegan recipe.
                                     
This time, I've decided to add some chopped pecans to my vegan pumpkin loaf, it turned out amazing. The bread is also moist, which I LOVE! I honestly prefer the bread after it's been in a tupperware in the fridge over night, it seems to be more moist and less crumbly. But it is good fresh out of the oven, too!
 This is a photo of my flourless vegan pumpkin bread with pecans, a day after being in the fridge


I hope you guys enjoy! If you try it, let me know what you think with a comment below! Especially if you've tried the vegan version. :)


REMEMBER: ONLY cook for 15 mins if you are baking muffins, about 45 mins for a loaf. 
Preheat oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit. Use non-stick pan and grease it with coconut oil, bake for 15 minutes. 

  • 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1 cup almond butter
  • 1/3 cup coconut sugar
  • 1 egg (if vegan, replace with 1 tbsp ground flaxseed + 3 tbsp water
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • mini chocolate chips or nuts of choice (optional)

Disclaimer: I did not come up with the original recipe and do not know who did. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Toothbrush I’ve Tried

Holiday Gift Guide For Her 2014 (+ Black Friday Deals)

Naked 3 Palette GIVEAWAY!